Greek Shrimp and Couscous
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled and de-veined
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, drained
- 1/2 cup Greek black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan, cook couscous according to package directions. In a separate pan, add olive oil and shrimp. Add tomatoes, olives, mint, garlic and herb seasoning, and oregano. Simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes to cook shrimp and heat through. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Pour over couscous and serve.
Contains Shellfish: Consumption of raw or undercooked shellfish may substantially increase the risk of foodborne illness.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved