Honey-Jalapeno Chicken with Sesame Soba Noodles
- 12 ounces soba noodles
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded or sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, green part only
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, minced
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside (or refrigerate until later in the week).
In a blender or food processor, combine jalapenos, honey, cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper and puree until smooth. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture until desired consistency is achieved. Pour the 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a preheated skillet. Add the shredded chicken and the blended sauce and cook until heated through.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell