Hot Artichoke-Crab Dip
- 1/2 cup crab cake mixture, reserved from Crab Cakes OR see recipe below
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup lowfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan , divided
- 2 pita pockets, cut into wedges
- Assorted vegetables (baby carrots, sliced zucchini, celery stalks)
- Crab Cake Mixture:
- 12 ounces fresh lump crabmeat (or an equal amount of canned lump crabmeat)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 2 1/4 teaspoons oats (regular or quick-cooking)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine crab cake mixture, artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, parsley, seasoning, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Mix well.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until dip is hot and cheese is golden.
Serve dip with pita wedges and vegetables on the side (or crackers!).Crab Cake Mixture:
In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, sour cream, oats, bread crumbs, Dijon mustard, crab boil seasoning, oregano, and black pepper. Gently mix ingredients together, being careful not to break up crabmeat.
Yield: about 1 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.