- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices turkey bacon, cooked until crisp (in the microwave or skillet)
- 1/2 cup sliced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes or leftover tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, optional
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper. Pour half of mixture into hot skillet. When egg starts to cook, lift edges with a spatula to allow uncooked egg to slide underneath. When almost cooked through, top 1 half with desired toppings. Fold over untopped side and cook 2 minutes, until egg is cooked through and cheese melts (if using cheese). Transfer omelet to a baking sheet and place in a warm oven while you prepare second omelet.
Slice omelets in half and serve.