Olive Tapenade Crusted Chicken and Quinoa with Roasted Garlic, Roasted Red Peppers and Basil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup green olives
- 12 oil-cured olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups peeled garlic cloves
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers (from water-packed jar)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a blender or food processor, combine all the olives, parsley, capers, thyme, and anchovies. Process until mixture forms a thick paste. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Top only 4 of the 8 chicken pieces with the olive tapenade mixture. Season the other 4 of the 8 chicken pieces with salt and pepper, to taste. Wrap garlic cloves in foil and place alongside chicken. Roast chicken and garlic for 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and garlic cloves are golden brown and tender.
Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions. When liquid is absorbed, fold in red peppers, about 1/3 of the roasted garlic cloves and basil and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
Serve half of the chicken and all of the quinoa with this meal and reserve extra chicken and extra garlic cloves for future meals.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved