- 1 pound uncooked rotelle pasta (or any spiral shape)
- Puttanesca Sauce:*
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted Greek (kalamata) olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup red wine, optiona)
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
*Cooks note: this amount of sauce makes enough for 3 pasta meals and enough for 4 Quick Fix dinners based on pasta puttanesca. If you are only making this recipe, the extra sauce can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, anchovy paste, salt, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Add the wine and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
Pour 2 cups of mixture over pasta and toss to combine. Top with Parmesan. Refrigerate or freeze remaining sauce until ready to use.
Copyright 2005, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen