Pork and Rice Quesadillas with Orange Salsa
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup instant rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups diced roasted pork loin
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup chopped arugula leaves
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup diced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas, regular or flavored
- 1 recipe Orange Salsa, recipe follows
- Orange Salsa:
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Coat a stove-top griddle with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat to preheat.
In a large bowl, combine rice, pork, beans, arugula, cheese, and tomatoes. Mix well to combine.
Arrange tortillas on a flat surface. Top 1 side of the tortillas with pork mixture. Fold the other side over to cover filling. Transfer quesadillas to hot pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cheese melts. Serve with orange salsa.Orange Salsa:
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to combine.
Yield: 4 servings
Thank you! your flag was submitted.