- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 boneless pork loin chops
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup dry Champagne
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 loaf raisin bread, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices and toasted
- 4 to 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 pears, cored and thinly sliced
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season both sides of pork with salt, black pepper, thyme and tarragon. Add chops to hot skillet and cook 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Add Champagne and cook 1 minute.
Remove 4 chops from skillet and set aside.
Whisk together milk and flour until flour dissolves. Add milk mixture to skillet and bring to a simmer. Simmer 3 minutes, until sauce thickens and chops are cooked through.
Transfer chops to a serving platter and top with olives.