- 6 small or 4 medium red potatoes, halved (or quartered if potatoes are slightly bigger)
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek (kalamata) olives
- 1/2 cup diced ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt and ground black pepper
Place potatoes in a medium or large saucepan and pour over enough water to cover by about 2 inches. Set pan over high heat and bring water to a boil. Boil 8 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
Drain and transfer potatoes to a large bowl. While potatoes are still warm, add olives, tomatoes, onion, olive oil, vinegar, and thyme and toss to combine. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.