Red Pepper Hummus with Toasted Pita Triangles
- 4 whole-wheat pita pockets, cut into triangles
- Cooking spray
- Garlic salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup sauteed red peppers
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place pita triangles on a large baking sheet and spray the surface with cooking spray. Season the tops with garlic salt. Bake 6 to 8 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
Meanwhile, rinse and drain 1 can of the chickpeas. Place drained chickpeas in a blender and add red peppers, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin. Process until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with parsley.
Serve hummus with toasted pita triangles arranged alongside.
2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved