Salmon Salad with Red Chile-Caesar Dressing
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cooked salmon fillets, broken up into 2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
In a blender or food processor, combine lemon juice, oil, Parmesan, garlic, anchovy paste, red chili paste, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Puree until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter and top with salmon and croutons. Pour over dressing and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller, 2007