- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 boneless steaks, such as fillet or rib-eye
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, optional
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet. Season steaks with salt, pepper and thyme and add to hot pan. Sear 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Add bourbon and cook 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of the beef broth and bring to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes, until cooked to medium. Remove steaks from pan and transfer 4 of them to a serving platter. Reserve 4 steaks for another meal.
In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add rice, almonds, cranberries and herb seasoning, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper.