- Cooking spray
- 4 cooked pork chops, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
Skewer alternating pieces of pork and onion on metal or wooden skewers. Brush teriyaki sauce all over onion and pork and roll skewers in sesame seeds. Place skewers on hot pan and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until seeds are golden brown.
In a medium saucepan, combine rice, curry powder, cumin, lemon zest, broth, raisins, and nuts. Bring to a simmer. Cook 3 minutes to heat through. Fold in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.