Slow Cooker Beef with Root Vegetables
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 (3-pound) chuck roast
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Arrange onion, potatoes, carrots, turnip, and rutabaga in bottom of slow cooker. Season beef all over with salt and black pepper. Rub flour all over beef. Place roast on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
Whisk together tomato sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, mustard powder, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over beef. Cover and cook on LOW for 12 hours or on HIGH for 8 hours.
Serve 1/3 of beef and all of the vegetables with this meal. Shred and refrigerate remaining beef until ready to use.
Copyright 2005, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay