Slow Cooker Chicken with Rosemary, Apples and Onions
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 pounds cut up chicken pieces (with bone), with or without skin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream of celery soup
- 2 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth and soup. Pour mixture over chicken.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Serve chicken, sauce, apples, and onions over rice.