- 6 cups broccoli florets, steamed and divided
- 1/4 cup grated Macintosh apple
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 (12-ounce) package smoked salmon
- 1 loaf black bread, sliced into wedges
- Lemon wedges
Steam broccoli in a colander over simmering water or in the microwave until tender-crisp. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together apple, yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, and horseradish. Arrange salmon on a serving platter. Arrange black bread slices alongside and garnish with lemon wedges and capers. Serve half of the broccoli with this meal and reserve remaining broccoli (about 2 cups) for another recipe.