Stir-Fried Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 (15-ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until starting to brown, stirring constantly. Add onions, carrots, and peppers and cook 1 minute. Add snap peas, corn and broccoli and cook 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and cook 2 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth in a small bowl and add to wok. Simmer 2 minutes, until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.
Copyright 2005, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved