- 1 1/2 cups leftover or freshly made coconut rice, recipe follows
- 1 (12-ounce) can lowfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon minced candied ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup diced dried mango (or dried currants, blueberries, papaya)
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish, optional
Combine rice, milk, ginger, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and set pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 3 minutes, until thick. Remove from heat and stir in mango. Garnish with mint, if desired.
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups quick cooking jasmine rice
- 2 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
In a small skillet toast flaked coconut on low heat until lightly toasted, about 5 to 8 minutes. To a medium saucepan, add rice and coconut milk and set pan over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in toasted coconut.