- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cooked turkey tenderloin, cubed (about 2 to 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (regular or seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper or crushed hot chili flakes
- 1 cup regular rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes, until soft. Add snap peas and carrots and cook 2 minutes. Add turkey and cook 1 minute, until golden brown on all sides.
In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and pepper flakes. Add mixture to pan and bring to a simmer. Add rice and stir to combine. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.