Turkey and Black Bean Empanadas
- Reserved roasted turkey (about 2 to 3 cups shredded)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten with water, if desired, for egg wash
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Unroll pie crusts onto a flat surface. Using 4-inch cutter, cut out 6 circles. Divide turkey mixture into equal portions and place each portion (in mounds) on top of the pie crusts. Fold over and pinch the edges together to seal. Using a fork, make hash marks on the edges of the empanadas to ensure they are sealed. Transfer empanadas to a large baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, make small slits in the top of each empanada to allow steam to escape during cooking. Brush with egg wash and place into preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Southwestern Turkey Chili and Cornbread, Smoked Turkey and White Bean Casserole with Herbed Crumb Topping, Second Day Turkey and String Bean Pot Pies, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Turkey Pot Pie Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Deviled Egg Recipes, Easy Stir-Frying