Vegetable (or Shrimp) Satay Skewers
Not only a great meal, shrimp satay is fun finger food and a super addition to any party tray. Use leftover peanut sauce, thickened with[ tangy black bean sauce and livened up with hot sauce and you've got a great dip for skewered shrimp. The sauce is perfect with vegetables too. I like to serve this dish with Asian noodles or rice and snap peas on the side.]
- 1 cup Spicy or Mild Peanut Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Spicy (or Mild) Peanut Sauce:
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons creamy (or crunchy) peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil, or more to taste (leave this out for mild sauce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Wooden or metal skewers
Meanwhile, coat a stove-top grill pan, griddle or large skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Skewer shrimp on skewers, leaving a little space between shrimp to allow for even cooking. Add shrimp skewers to hot pan and cook 5 minutes, until bright pink and cooked through, turning frequently.
Serve shrimp with peanut sauce on the side (for dunking!).Spicy (or Mild) Peanut Sauce:
In a small saucepan, whisk together the broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili oil. Set the pan over medium heat, bring to a simmer, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Let cool to room temperature, then store in a plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 3 months.
Yield: makes 1 cup; 4 servings
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Shrimp Cocktail with Tomatillo-Horseradish Sauce, Creamy Herbed Rock Shrimp in Roasted Tomatoes, Grilled Shrimp in Lemon Leaves---Gamberoni Alle Foglie di Limone, Grilled Steak Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Deviled Egg Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Chicken Wing Recipes