- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces soy sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup baby squash or sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 14 -ounce can diced tomatoes
- 6 to 8 saffron threads
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large paella pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
Add soy sausage and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add artichokes, squash, zucchini, carrots, asparagus, peas, tomatoes, saffron, paprika, and bay leaves, bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Add rice and broth and cook for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, remove bay leaves and stir in parsley. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.