Rob's Smoked-Salmon Saltine Brei
- 8 large eggs
- 16 saltines, broken into large pieces
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 to 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, cut into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- Freshly ground pepper
Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl; stir in the saltine pieces and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; add the egg mixture and cook, stirring gently with a heatproof spatula, until the eggs begin to scramble, about 4 minutes. Fold in the cream cheese, salmon and dill; cook until the cheese is just soft, about 1 more minute. Garnish with dill sprigs, the red onion and pepper and serve warm.
Photograph by Kate Sears
Thank you! your flag was submitted.