- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 heads escarole, cut in 1/8ths and cored
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a glass baking dish, toss together the shrimp, garlic, bread crumbs, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss again. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and bake in the oven until the shrimp are just cooked through and the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
While the shrimp cook, heat a 10 or 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat and add the remaining olive oil. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the escarole to the pan and saute until wilted and tender. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve with the shrimp.