- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, plus 1/4 cup
- 3 juniper berries, crushed
- 3 peppercorns, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh bay leaf, torn into small pieces
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 12 small baby lamb chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups cooked cranberry beans
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
Whisk together oil and wine. Mix in juniper berries, peppercorns, garlic, and bay leaf in a bowl. Add lemon wedges and mix well. Marinate lamb chops for at least 12 hours, turning the pieces occasionally.
Heat a grill or grill pan.
Remove lamb from marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
When the grill is very hot, grill the lamb chops about 3 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with marinade. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a saute pan. When crispy, remove the bacon from the pan. Deglaze pan with wine, scraping up tiny bits. Add the shallots and cook until aromatic. Add cranberry beans and chicken stock and cook until stock is reduced. Whisk in butter and bacon, and season with salt and pepper. Serve with lamb chops.