- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Italian frying peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 white eggplants, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 whole porcini mushrooms
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered
- 1 bunch asparagus, peeled and trimmed
- 1 head cauliflower, quartered
- 1 stalk broccoli, quartered
Mix olive oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt and black pepper. Place vegetables in a large non-reactive baking dish. Cover with marinade and let sit for 1 hour, turning vegetables every 15 minutes.
Heat grill on high. Grill vegetables until all are marked and cooked through. Remove once browned; do not let vegetables burn. Arrange the vegetables on a platter.