Roomful of Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 small serrano or jalapeno chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces snow peas, ends and strings removed
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms (e.g. cremini, portobello, oyster or straw), stems trimmed (if using shiitake or oysters, remove stems), cut into slices or bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons oyster-flavored sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice wine
In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion, cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, chili pepper, snow peas, bell pepper and mushrooms (except oyster mushrooms if used). Cook and stir until moisture evaporates, 5 to 7 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms (if used). Cook until barely softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in oyster-flavored sauce and wine.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.