Roomful of Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 small serrano or jalapeno chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces snow peas, ends and strings removed
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms (e.g. cremini, portobello, oyster or straw), stems trimmed (if using shiitake or oysters, remove stems), cut into slices or bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons oyster-flavored sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice wine
In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion, cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, chili pepper, snow peas, bell pepper and mushrooms (except oyster mushrooms if used). Cook and stir until moisture evaporates, 5 to 7 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms (if used). Cook until barely softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in oyster-flavored sauce and wine.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Wild About You Salad: Wild Mushroom Salad with Thyme and Heart of Romaine, Herbed Roasted Mushrooms with Fried Egg, Salad of The Greens with Fennel, Mint and Orange, Antipasti Recipes, Artichoke Appetizer Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Stuffed Mushrooms, Chicken Wing Recipes, Central American