Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 1 pork tenderloin or roast (about 2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) root beer
- 1 bottle (4 ounces) liquid smoke
- 1 cup Sassy Sauce, recipe follows, or your favorite barbeque sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- Spicy bread and butter pickle chips, for serving
- Sassy Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Place the pork tenderloin or roast in the bottom of a slow cooker and sprinkle with the seasoning salt. Pour the root beer and liquid smoke over the top. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Once the pork is done, remove from the pan and shred with a fork. Place into a bowl and add in the Sassy Sauce, as well as 1/2 cup of the juice from the slow cooker. Serve on a bun with bread and butter pickles.Sassy Sauce:
To make the sauce, add the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard and to a medium saucepan. Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes. Remove and serve with pulled pork sandwiches. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.