Rosemary Pork Chops
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Two 10-ounce bone-in rib pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Apricot Glaze, recipe follows
- Apricot Glaze:
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Whisk together the rosemary, salt, pepper and smoked paprika together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the chops evenly with the rosemary seasoning and let sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pork chops and sear on both sides, about 8 minutes total. Brush with the Apricot Glaze and pop into the oven to finish cooking, another 7 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reaches 145 degrees F. Remove from the oven and brush with the glaze once more.Apricot Glaze:
To make the glaze, whisk together the nectar, lemon juice, honey, mustard and some salt and pepper together in a small saucepan. Reduce over medium heat and cook, while stirring frequently, until thick like maple syrup, about 12 minutes.