Rouget on Celery Root Salad with Walnuts and Olives
- 1 celery root, about 1 pound
- 2 ounces walnuts
- 2 ounces good black olives pitted
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 rouget about 12 oz each, scaled and filleted, score the skin
- Flour for dredging the fish
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter to cook the rouget
- Salt and pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the celery root into very fine slices then the slices into fine julienne strips. Toast the walnuts in the preheated oven for 6 minutes or until they start to turn light brown remove the walnuts from the oven and rub in a towel to remove any loose skin. Cut the black olives into slivers. Mix the celery root, walnuts, black olives, sherry vinegar, olive oil, 2 tablespoons salt, freshly ground pepper together. Let sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to marry. Season the rouget fillets with salt and pepper then dredge in the flour. Heat 3 tablespoons clarified butter in a saute pan and cook the fish until golden flip and cook the other side. Yield: 4 servings.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.