Royal Tine Kabobs
- 2 pounds round or sirloin steak (may substitute antelope, deer, elk, moose, or lamb)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed
- 1 small container cherry tomatoes
- 1 small container fresh mushrooms
- 1 (11-ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Special equipment: 12 long metal skewers, fire pit, and cooking grid or grate
For the steak: Take steak and cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces. Place pieces in large non- metallic rectangular pan.
Combine the vinegars and olive oil in medium mixing bowl. With a whisk, stir in Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, seasoned salt, brown sugar and garlic. Pour mixture into the pan covering the steak. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 2 hours.
For the vegetables: Take zucchini, onions, and peppers and cut into bite-sized chunks. Combine all vegetables and pineapple in a large mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, and oil and toss to coat vegetables.
Start fire in pit, make sure fire is hot and let burn down to glowing coals. Place cooking grid or grate 6 inches above heat.
Remove steak from refrigerator. Take 1 metal skewer and alternate 1 piece of steak with 2 chunks of vegetables. Repeat until skewer is full. Keep assembling skewers until all 12 are full. Place all 12 skewers onto grate. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness, rotating frequently. Remove from grill and serve.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Royal Tine
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello