Though the quantities are large, these are the recipes tested by the chef.
- 6 heads green cabbage, cleaned, cored and shredded
- 1 head purple cabbage, cleaned, cored and shredded
- 4 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3 red or orange bell peppers, cored and finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, tops removed, and chopped finely
- 1 pound sugar, more to taste
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 6 tablespoons black pepper, more to taste
- 8 cups Miracle Whip salad dressing, more to taste
In a very large bowl, combine the shredded green cabbage with the shredded red cabbage, shredded carrots, chopped bell peppers, and celery. Mix to combine all the vegetables evenly. Then stir in the sugar, red wine vinegar, black pepper and Miracle Whip. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve thoroughly chilled.