- Round loaf rustic bread approximately 12 inches in diameter
- Grilled red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- Grilled mushrooms, sliced
- Onion, sliced thick, then grilled
- Salad greens to almost fill bread cavity, cleaned and dried
- Olive oil, for tossing salad
- 1 lemon cut in 1/2
Slice the top off the bread loaf producing a lid that is approximately 8 inches in diameter. Pull out the soft bread from inside the loaf with your fingers. Tear half of it into pieces like croutons and bake a preheated 300 degrees F. oven until hardened.
Mix the grilled vegetables with the salad along with the croutons. Coat with the olive oil and stuff into the bread cavity. Put both halves of the lemon inside the cavity, then put on the lid.
When serving, squeeze the lemons into the salad.