Rustic Vegetable Casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and turned
- 3 peeled and turned Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 salsify, peeled and cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 ripe pear (small), peeled, cored and cut in two
- 2 turnips, peeled and turned
- 1 porcini mushroom, sliced
- 1 pint mushroom stock (made from mushroom stems)
- 2 swiss chard leaves (large) with the stem and heart removed
- 8 peeled seedless grapes
In a copper or stainless steel saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add carrots, potatoes, salsify, pear, and turnips. Saute vegetables until golden brown. Add porcini mushrooms, cook 2 more minutes. Add mushroom stock and reduce until vegetables are tender. In the last two minutes, add swiss chard. When the sauce is reduced, season with salt and pepper. Put into bowls and garnish with peeled grapes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.