Saffron Garlic New Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground saffron
- 2 pounds very small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- 1 baguette, sliced
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot and cook, stirring often, until the garlic begins to turn golden. Add the saffron powder, stir and cook an additional minute. Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Add the chicken stock, water, salt and paprika and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, stir and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Stir in parsley. Transfer the potatoes and broth to a heat safe serving bowl or chafer and serve with sliced baguettes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.