Saffron Roast Garlic Cavatelli with Marsala Brown Butter
- For the saffron roast garlic cavatelli:
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pinch saffron
- 10 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 6 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- For the marsala brown butter:
- 8 ounces butter, whole
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 2 ounces Marsala wine
- 1/2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Romano cheese, for garnish
For the saffron roast garlic cavatelli:
Then add one half the hot saffron stock and begin to process and continue to add hot stock until a dough is formed. (Note that it may not require half the stock.)
When dough is ready, follow the instructions on the cavatelli maker box for processing pasta.
Once cavatellis are made, poach in salted boiling water for two to three minutes.
Cool pasta in cold water and drain and coat with a little olive oil.
For the marsala brown butter:
In a medium saute pan add whole butter, melt and cook until butter is browned.
Add in garlic and shallots.
Deglaze with marsala and season with basil, parsley, lemon juice, salt and cracked black pepper.
Toss the brown butter with saffron roast garlic cavatelli, place in a serving bowl. Garnish top with shaved romano and serve.