- My salad is a gathering of all Spanish cultures in one dish. I lived in Colombia for a few years and traveled to Costa Rica, Venezuela, Panama, etc. where I learned more about their culture through the flavor of their dishes. Right now, I live here in the USA, in NY which is the melting pot of the world, and I continue learning about more cultures and powerful flavors such as from Mexico, Peru, Argentina, etc.
- 6 purple potatoes, boiled and diced
- 6 baby red potatoes, diced and baked (skin on)
- 2 cups of diced and fried yucca
- 1/2 cup sliced cooked carrots
- 1 cup of green diced apple (previously soak in lemon juice to prevent from browning)
- 3/4 cup of toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup of canned corn
- 1/4 capers
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers.
- 2 1/2 cup of baked pork, shredded
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1 cup chimichuurri (see Note)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour orange and cilantro for garnish
The recipes for this contest, which were provided by contributors who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.