Salad of Frisee, Radicchio, Pears, Pomegranate and Persimmons
- 1/2 cup dry Riesling or Gewurztraminer
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large bunches frisee, ends trimmed
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Fuyu persimmon, cut into thin slices
- 1 Red Bartlett pear, halved, cored, and cut into thin slices
- 6 figs, halved
- 1 small pomegrante, peeled, seeds removed and separated
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
In a small saucepan over high heat, reduce the wine until 1 to 2 tablespoons remain. Let cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, reduced wine, and olive oil and, season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Place the frisee, radicchio, persimmon slices, pear slices, and figs in a bowl.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Countdown #5 Radicchio and Grape Salad with Pecorino and Pistachios, Watercress and Radicchio Salad with Barbecued Chicken Breast, Frisee Salad with Lardons and Poached Eggs, Persimmon, Salad, Cucumber Salad Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Greek Salad Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.