Salad of Marinated Watermelon and Sonoma Goat Cheese
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not[ tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.]
- Watermelon Ingredients:
- 16 large melonballer scoops watermelon (yellow or red)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped mint
- Herb Goat Cheese Ingredients:
- 2 ounces California goat cheese (room temperature)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 4 brioche croutons, about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 ounces assorted mixed greens
- 1/2 ounce aged balsamic vinegar
- Salt and white pepper
Preparing the watermelon: Scoop watermelon balls out, and discard seeds. Place in small mixing bowl and toss with orange juice, olive oil, and mint. Set aside at room temperature. Take leftover scraps of watermelon and discard seeds. Place in blender and add small amount of white wine vinegar, to taste. Use this as a garnish on plate.Herb Goat Cheese Ingredients:
Preparing the salad: combine cheeses, garlic, and herbs; mix well until all ingredients are combined. Season with salt and pepper. Place equal amounts on top of brioche croutons.
Place crouton in the middle of each of 4 salad plates and set four watermelon balls on top of each crouton. Garnish with small amount of mixed greens tossed with balsamic vinegar. Drizzle some vinegar and watermelon puree on plate as garnish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.