Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed citrus (blood oranges, oranges, key limes etc.)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads endive
- 1/2 head frisee
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 6 beets, cooked and cut into quarters or bite size wedges
- 2 tablespoons chervil or parsley, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into wedges
Prepare the vinaigrette: Place shallots, vinegar, citrus juice, and salt in a small bowl. Let shallots macerate for 30 minutes. Whisk in the olive oil.
In a large salad bowl, toss together lettuces, citrus, beets, herbs, avocado, and the vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
TIP: To turn this into an entree top with scallops, chicken or fish.
Recipe courtesy of Kathleen Daelemans
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray