- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 4 cups cooked, sliced spicy Italian sausage
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce (house-made or high quality store-bought)
- 2 cups cooked penne pasta, cooked al dente
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a skillet over medium heat, saute the garlic and onion in olive oil until translucent. Add the red bell peppers and cook until soft. Add the sausage and marinara. Bring to a boil. Toss the penne in the marinara until coated. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Greg Goldfogel