Salmon cooked over Smoldering Wood Chips served with a Coconut Milk Rice and Olive Oil
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Lemon pepper
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Pinch cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated Parmesan
- 1 green onion (scallion), chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 green onions ( scallions), chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon prepared pesto
Preheat a grill with woodchips.
Roll the salmon steaks and place on the grill. Sprinkle with brown sugar, lemon pepper, and salt and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
Soak the rice in cold water for 10 minutes. Drain, and cook in 6 cups hot, salted, boiling water until cooked through but still firm. Drain and put rice in a bowl. Add coconut, sesame seeds, cumin, pesto, Parmesan, and green onions and mix well.
For the Sauce: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
Cut the tomatoes lengthwise, place on aluminum foil, cover with olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper and cook in the oven for 2 hours. Chop into small cubes.
Fry the onions, then add the white wine, and let reduce by half. Add the tomatoes and pesto and let simmer for a few minutes.
Place the rice in the center of a plate, using a cylinder to give the rice a nice round shape. Place the rolled salmon steaks on top of the rice. Add the sauce over the salmon. Finish the decorations using the herbs of your choice in the center of the salmon.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.