- For the Salmon:
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin off and pin bones removed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the mousse:
- 1 pound soft cream cheese
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the salmon:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Season salmon fillet with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely, the chill for at least 30 minutes.
Cooks Note: This mousse can be piped onto a cracker using a pastry bag, or served as a dip for vegetables.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Scott Leibfried