Salmon Roulade with Arugula Spring Onion Sauce
- For Salmon Roulade:
- 1 1/2 to 2 pound salmon fillet, skinned
- Olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 bunch spring onions ( scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons Pernod or Anisette
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Arugula and Grilled Spring Onion Sauce:
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula, cooked, squeezed of excess water and chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, grilled or oven roasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Open salmon like a book, by slicing salmon on the side through to within 1-inch of other side. Open carefully; cover with plastic wrap and carefully pound to make an even thickness. Set aside while making filling and sauce.
For filling: heat oil and add spring onions and saute until brown and caramelization begins. When brown add garlic and thyme saute for another minute. Add 2 tablespoons of Pernod and let it reduce until almost gone. Then add spinach, salt, and pepper. When spinach is slightly wilted remove from heat and cool.
For sauce: combine and mix first 6 ingredients. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add creme fraiche and mayonnaise and mix well.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
When filling is cool, sprinkle on pounded salmon, roll up, and place on aluminum foil. Roll aluminum around salmon, place on sheet pan and bake in oven until done, 10 to 15 minutes.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Glazed Salmon with Dried Cherry Saffron Rice, Tea --Smoked Salmon with Wasabi Cucumber 'Remoulade' with Toast Points, Pan-seared Salmon served with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Salmon Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes, Swordfish Recipes, French, Baked Salmon Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.