Salmon Surprise Loaf
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 5 min
- 15 min
- 50 min
- 8 servings
- Dry bread crumbs for pan
- 2 cans (14 3/4 ounces each) salmon
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 24 unsalted saltines
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley sprigs
- 1/3 cup no-cholesterol fat-free liquid egg-substitute
- 1/4 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- Rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; coat with bread crumbs. Drain salmon; debone and discard dark skin. Place in large bowl.
Press liquid from spinach. Combine spinach, saltines, green onion, parsley, egg substitute, evaporated skimmed milk, lemon rind and juice, dill weed and pepper in food processor. Whirl until vegetables are finely chopped. Add to salmon; mix well with clean hands to blend. Spoon mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 50 minutes until lightly browned. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert the loaf onto a serving platter.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay