- 1 1/2 pounds sushi grade fresh salmon, skin removed
- 1 cucumber
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon capers, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 leaves endive, for garnish
Cut salmon in small pieces, about 1/4-inch thick. Set aside or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Slice cucumber into very thin (almost transparent) rounds and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the shallots, dill, chives, capers, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate if not using immediately. Just before serving, add the tomatoes to the mayonnaise mixture and stir to combine.
On a serving plate, spread the cucumber to cover 2/3 of the plate, leaving a space in the center of the plate. Spread the mayonnaise mixture in the center of the plate and then arrange the salmon over the cucumber. Garnish with endive pieces around the edges.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Melanie Gosselin, Boris Bistro, Montreal, Quebec
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay