- 3 egg, beaten
- 2 cups instant flour (recommended: Wondra)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- 1 pound cuttlefish, cleaned and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound scampi, tail on and deveined
- 4 whiting, scaled, cleaned, rinsed, dried and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound whitebait
- Mayonnaise, as needed for service
- Lemon wedges, as needed for service
- Capers, as needed for service
- Freshly chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, flour and just enough milk to thin out the batter, but not too thin. Season the batter with salt and pepper, to taste. Season all the seafood with salt and pepper, to taste. Dip each piece of seafood in the batter, letting the excess drip off. Fry the fish in batches, starting with the cuttlefish and ending with the whitebait and fry until golden brown about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove all fried items from the oil and drain on paper-lined plates. Season every item with salt and pepper. Serve fish garnished with mayonnaise, lemon, capers, and chopped parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.