Salsa Imperti Por Barbacoa
Recipe courtesy of Polly Mellinger for FoodTV.com's BBQ Sauce Championship Cook-Off Contest
We have a timeshare in a home in Taos, NM and when we're there, we smoke meat quite a bit, especially for entertaining. Last week we smoked[ a mixed grill of Prime Ribs of Pork (4 lbs), coils of pork sausage, and a few chicky breasts--beginning with a great dry rub. After the smoking ceased, we put the meat on the BBQ grill just to get a slight caramelization and heat the meat up.]
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup chipotles in adobe sauce, pureed (with adobo sauce included in puree)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic)
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced (or 1 tablespoon onion powder)
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (or 1 tablespoon Worcestershire powder)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 whole lemon, zested, and minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups beer
Combine all and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes. Let cool, place in container, and refrigerate.
The recipes for this contest, which were provided by contributors who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.