- 2 fresh Poblano chiles, roasted over a flame, peeled and diced
- 2 fresh Anaheim chiles, roasted over a flame, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Jalapeno and Serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh tomatillos, cut into quarters
- 1/2 pound roasted tomatillos, cut in halves
- Salt to taste (Mexican sea salt preferred)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
Combine all chiles and tomatillos in food processor and pulse to a chunky puree. Add salt and water. Remove to a bowl and stir in onion and cilantro. Add more water if necessary (tomatillos contain a lot of pectin and salsa can gel). Check seasoning.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.