Salt-and-Pepper Buffalo Shrimp with Blue Cheese and Celery
- For blue-cheese dip:
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch celery, cut into sticks
- For shrimp sauce:
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup medium-dry Sherry
- 2 to 4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- For shrimp:
- 1 1/2 pounds large (16 to 20 per pound) shrimp, in shells
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- About 1/2 cup olive oil
Make sauce: Stir together sauce ingredients.
Cook shrimp: Make a deep lengthwise incision along inner curve of each shrimp with a small knife, cutting all the way through flesh but not shell. Devein.
Toss with kosher salt and cracked pepper to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook shrimp in batches, without crowding, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, adding more oil as needed. Transfer to a large bowl as cooked.
Add sauce to shrimp and toss well to coat.
Cooks' notes: Shrimp may be served hot or at room temperature. Blue-cheese dip can be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.